Personal Project ◇ August 2016
Solo • One Month Development
Hakkun is a game I developed on my own during the month of August 2016. I tried to keep it focused on Level Design in order to get more experienced at it. It contains around 40 levels, including a few hidden ones.
Even though most levels are built on a certain path, the game is designed to let the player explore the mechanics and come up with their own solutions.
- Designing the game quickly based on a core mechanic inspired by Sutte Hakkun for the Satellaview.
- Coding the gameplay and mechanics in a short time with the goal to focus this project on Level Design.
- Making a few Editor Tools to help me design levels more efficiently, including a real-time visualizer for moving platforms.
- Designing more than 100 levels, only to keep around 40, making sure each of them brought something fresh to the player.
- Keeping a very simplistic visual style using cuboids made in Probuilder, simple shaders and a screen-space overlaying gradient.
- Keeping some time to focus on polishing, correcting bugs and mistake I often saw in other First-Person Unity games.
- Making a save system and UI, both of which I too rarely take the time to do on smaller projects.
||Unity 5.4 C#
||Windows, Mac & Linux