Supinfogame Graduation Project • 2017-2018
7 Teammates • Creative Lead • ~9 month development
Pillar of Skylines was presented in concept form for our 4th year jury in Supinfogame. It passed all stages of selection to be finally accepted as one of 6 games to be developed during the 5th and final year of our Master degree.
I was joined by a team of 7 versatile and extremely talented students to build this unique, mind-bending open-world exploration game. It is based around its mysterious setting made of two worlds bound together by gigantic pillars.
There, the player makes use of various movement abilities to face platforming challenges and solve intricate puzzles, with the goal to destroy the pillars and free themselves from this enclosed world.
- Wrote the original concept to be accepted by the school's jury during our 4th year.
- Maintained the creative vision of the project to keep it coherent and faithful to the original intentions.
- Worked on all of the game's various gameplay systems, including the Echoes, movement abilities and the Pillars' gravity changing mechanics, as well as more exotic elements in the open world.
- Worked on the world's design and lore in relations to the various areas of the Domain.
- Designed and built various areas and situations, both in the open world and inside the Pillars.
- Coded the game's camera and related systems (including an in-game photo mode).
- Coded various additional gameplay elements.
- Designed the game's UI and controls.
||Exploration, Platform, Puzzle
||Windows, Mac & Linux