School then Side Project ◇ January 2017
4 Teammates • Project Leader & Programmer • Three Month Development
Unbound Atlas is a unique toy based on the intentions "Manipulate, Create, Discover". It was started as a school project which theme was to design a game for ourselves, following raw intentions.
At its first release, the game got an unexpected modest success, mostly due to the sharing of gifs on social media. Due to the potential of the project, we decided to keep working on it on our free time.
MY ROLES AS PROJECT LEADER:
- Maintaining the game's coherence by keeping it true to the original intentions and direction we defined.
- Managing the team to keep the project on track and get the best of our creative abilities.
- Keeping a positive and lively ambiance to work in, regardless of the situation.
MY ROLES AS PROGRAMMER:
- Developing a virtually infinite system of repeating instances, all interactable at low performance cost.
- Developing a system allowing us to break this repetition and make each instance unique if the player desires it.
- Developing most of the main mechanics of interaction decided during design meetups and talks.
||Unity 5.5 C#
||(First version) 2017.01.13